Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Mono Lake Trip + Trenton Blows His Top

Well, I had a good weekend. Took a trip to Mono Lake. Would have been more of the same in Lynn and Soo had not come. But they came. *hin*



So then today I tried to send the people at Summer Abroad my itinerary for travel. I had listed the only flight I needed them to know, the one I would be arriving on. But that was unacceptable to them. They wanted me to send all of my flight information. When I learned this I became very angry. So angry that I actually yelled at them over the phone. I have never done that before. I spent all day figuring out why it hit such a nerve with me.

And in one of my classes today I figured it out. This trip represents freedom for me. It is my trip. Its success or failure depends on me. The fact that they wanted to watch me like a parent on every leg of my trip to check to see if I was OK I found incredibly insulting. This really is the trip that I am taking to prove that I am an adult, and I don't want them acting like a parent.

That said, I really would appreciate if people I love checked in on me from time to time. I just don't want my school treating me like a child anymore.

No comments: