Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving Weekend at Home

So, as it is Thanksgiving weekend, I am in Hawaii. Since we moved to Hawaii there has only been one Thanksgiving when we were not in Hawaii, and I consider that Thanksgiving a total dud. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is the only time of year when (almost) everybody is home (this year we were missing Lisa and Vanessa).

Anyway, Oriana and Josh met me at the airport. Then we went to lunch. I took this picture after Oriana had locked Josh in the bathroom. I had been locked in with him, but I was able to escape much more quickly. This was Wednesday.
On my urging, my mother decided that her next car should be a Prius. Here is the addicting little screen that tells you how efficent you are being with your driving.
On Thursday I went and excercized with my mom and Lynn White. Here is me posing with a BATTERY POWERED chainsaw!
Thanksgiving table pre-food.
Family and friends sitting around cooking.
More of the same.
Me, Oriana and Nick.
Uncle Jim with the Turkey.
Nick, Kira, Me, Emma, Oriana and Josh.
Table with people and food.
Hmm. So that was Thanksgiving. Then on Friday we went to the Harry Potter movie as a family. I am not a Harry Potter fan, so I watched it with mild ammusement, but not with the enthusiasm of some of my other family members. That seems to have been all I did on Friday. Hmm.

Anyway, so on Saturday Ryan came over and we went Kayaking. He decided to pee in the bushes at the beach so I used my paddle to catapult sand into his pants. I tried to make a quick getaway, but hurt my foot in the process. Then we hiked to the point by my house, where I took this picture.
On Saturday evening everyone came over for my father's 50th birthday. Here he is blowing out 50 candles.
And here he is with the shorts that Ryan gave him in anticipation of his post half-century weight gain.
I head back to Davis tonight, which is why this post is so brief. I want to get it done with so that I can do other things.

No comments: