Monday, September 04, 2006

Am I Really Being Paid For This?

It was probably at about the point where I had two kids grabbing my legs, and one kid feeling my hair and screaming while I explained how the sun revolved around the sun to a 4th kid that I realized I am REALLY going to enjoy this job. This was after the relay race where I was wearing the frog hat, and after I demonstrated what I wolf sounded like via a puppet while having tape stuck to my back, but before we built the haunted house or sang the Hokey Pokey. I never even got to the lesson I had planned. I spent 7 hours yesterday preparing my lesson and practicing my "Baby Beluga". No need. Who cares.

Preschool was great. We'll see how grammar school goes tomorrow.

By the way, the other great thing about this preschool is that they have a garden! They gave me Goya (bitter mellon, it's really bitter, but good for you), tomatoes, and what I think was basil. Stir fry it all together with clearance beef from Saty (perishables are half price after 7:00!), garlic from the fridge and ta-da! 200 yen Champloo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And don't forget to teach,"If your happy and you know it jump up and down."
Enjoy
Mom

Trenton said...

Oh, trust me, that is already in the lesson I have set up for the 6th graders...

Anonymous said...

Oh No. Watch your spelling and don't copy me. It's "if you're happy and you know it"

Trenton said...

Dont worrie. We donnt teach righting in per-skool.