Monday, June 13, 2005

A Brief Quest

I decided yesterday that I Really should have brought my Kanji Learner's Dictionary since there are some signs I can't read, and there seems to be no way to learn. Important signs too, like "Caution" and "Pedestrian Crossing" and "Please do not ride the racoon-dog". So today, after working on one of my papers for 3 hours I decided to head to Akihabara (the world's biggest something, I'm sure) to look for a electronic dictionary. Akihabara is the ultimate nerd and geek paradise. It is an entire city that looks like Fry's Electronics. It is also the big Anime, Manga and Hentai area.

I finally reached Akihabara after 1 1/2 hours of being lost on the subway. It turns out there are TWO Roppongi stations. Stupid me. When I got there I went into a Soba shop for some lunch. At this Soba shop you bought your meal from a vending machine, then gave the ticket to the cook. But when I walked in the cook came out from behind the counter to help me as my confusion was holding up other customers. I tried to explain that it was my first time eating Soba. She said that my Japanese was good. I then triped over my words so badly that she corrected her self and said "the sound of your Japanese is preaty". *Sigh*

The Soba was good.

No comments: