Wednesday, June 15, 2005

So when the information desk opened I asked what to do. I was beginning to feel a little tired for some reason, so I felt like taking a long bus ride into the mountians so I could take a nap on the way. I bought a very expensive bus ticket, 2300 yen, to Okusha (pronounced Ok'sha) a shrine in the mountians 1 1/2 hours away from Nagano that was said to be very beautiful. I tried napping on the bus, with little success as the roads that we took were the most severely curved that I had ever been on. It was like driving up Lombard Street for an hour and a half. Now I don't get car sick, but that drive left me a little queasy. When I got out I had my picture taken with this sign. You may notice that I am not doing the shaka. That is because I am clucthing my stomach, but not trying to make it look that way.

No comments: